While many of us don’t realize it, we are constantly engaged in subconscious acts of retiremet planning. We plan how we can best invest the limited time we have at our disposal. Would the 2-hours we have best be spent visiting a friend at the hospital, or would it be better invested, say, by taking in that ball game? We do some longer-term planning too: Does it pay to invest the effort studying for a degree in Arts, or would we get a better return studying to pass the Bar exam?
So, why don’t we invest the time planning our retirement?
Why Retirement Planning is Important
It’s been said: What you sow, so shall you reap! When it comes to enjoying the fruits of your retirement planning, truer words were never spoken. Even if you don’t have thousands of dollars to invest, simply taking the time deciding where to “park” the money until you need it can be a rewarding retirement planning exercise.
How your money grows, what you pay for that growth, and the ease and comfort with which you “journey” towards reaping the rewards of your retirement planning, are all important aspects of a good retirement plan. In the absence of such a plan, your financial future could be in jeopardy!
What We Can Do For You
My Retirement Planning service is based on these simple facts: Market timing doesn’t work! Creating and preserving wealth needs diversification! Focus on the long-term, and don’t let short-term diversions distract you! planning is about more than just making money – it’s also about helping you achieve your financial goals!
Here’s a preview of what our Retirement Planning service cover:
- Understanding your financial goals: Through an initial “Getting to Know You” process, we’ll understand what your financial goals are, and we’ll help you prioritize some of the most pressing short, medium and long-term financial objectives you’d like to accomplish.
- Analyze a point-in-time snapshot: The next step is to analyze where you are today, in terms of your savings and current retirement portfolio. Sometimes, this phase of our review results in actionable steps that can immediately benefit you – like cutting your losses in a sinking investment, or leveraging some profit-harvesting and tax-selling opportunities in highly successful ones.
- Proposing a retirement planning strategy: With that information in hand, we can draw-up comprehensive personalized investment strategies that will help you reach your financial objectives. This may be accomplished by building upon your existing products, or proposing a set of cost-effective, tax-efficient, age-appropriate, "SAFE-money" products that are aligned with your personal financial goals.
- Implementing the plan: My Investment Planning approach is dynamic, and constantly evolves with your changing circumstances. we’ll guide and advise you on investment plan transitions as you go through life and life-style changes.
- Watching over your investments: we’ll monitor and review your investments, plans and strategies in light of changing market climates.
- Consult, advise and counsel: Ours is an ongoing partnership. Throughout our relationship with you, we’ll keep you informed, and communicate constantly with you about proposed changes and potential risks or opportunities for your investments.